• The essentials of and differences between Medicare Advantage, Commercial and Medicaid risk adjustment
• Understanding how risk scores are calculated
• Making sense of varying payment models
• An intro into using data and predictive analytics to optimize your risk adjustment practices
• Tools for achieving data accuracy
• Where do we stand with the transition from RAPS to EDS? The latest in a long journey
• Provider engagement strategies that will impact your risk adjustment initiatives
• Risk adjustment vendor selection and management
• Determining whether you need RA vendors
• How do you effectively vet potential vendors and ultimately select them?
• Strategies for on-going, thorough vendor management
• The future of risk adjustment – what you need to know to stay ahead of possible changes
• Initial steps for preparing for a RADV audit
• Which staff is essential to overseeing your RADV audit prep?
• Staying ahead – key items to monitor well in advance of an actual audit
The HCC Coding for Accuracy workshop is not just for those directly involved in HCC coding work. It is designed for other disciplines, as well, including finance and analytics professionals. Join us for an introduction to best practices, the opportunity to work through case examples, and to share experiences with your peers. This workshop will zero-in on regulatory compliance while teaching you how to optimize the accuracy of the information gathered and submitted at the practice level. What you will also learn about the way charting is often done, how to overcome “disconnect” with the clinicians and how their typical charting practices and EMRs can create significant problems, and how RADV views documentation in contrast with the way clinicians were taught and EMRs were built initially.
Please note: Attendees are encouraged to bring questions to pose to our expert workshop facilitators and to table for the group.
We provide your workbook which includes copies of the slide deck. You will not need your coding manuals, but most people bring a laptop or a tablet, as well, for notetaking.
Dialogue, interact and work in small facilitated groups with peers and colleagues
• Understanding the financial overlay – HCC codes mapping to risk adjustment scores
• A single coding and documentation process for Risk adjustment
• Skill development on choosing diagnoses from portions of the encounter – permitted and not permitted
• Clinical documentation barriers for risk adjustment purposes (data validation audit risks)
Turn on your camera and join us in the virtual networking lobby for face-to-face networking with other attendees that are joining us from the comfort of your home to access those hallway conversations we’ve all been missing.
In-person attendees will enjoy a socially distanced reception, compliant with CDC guidelines, providing networking opportunities among other in-person attendees, speakers, and solutions providers. For virtual attendees, turn on your camera and join us in the virtual networking lobby for face-to-face networking with other attendees that are joining us from the comfort of their home. No matter how you join, you’ll have access to those hallway conversations we’ve all been missing.
Hear from tools and technology experts on how their solutions can improve efficiencies in your organization.Speaker(s):